Sunday, November 18

My Son


"Your son is not fine today." she called me to tell me. "Please don't be late!"
Although I had many things to do in the office I left as early as I can to see why my son is not fine.
When I entered home he usually jumps on me saying "babe came baba came".
Today he didn’t. "I don’t know what is wrong with him." she said. "I kept asking him how you are. Is everything fine and he kept replying, yes everything is fine."

"Where is he" I asked; "in his room. “She replied.

I entered the room to see him.
"Hey son"
“hey dad" he turned from looking out of the window to look at me, and then he looked out of the window again.
"I am home" I said.
"I guess so." he replied with a smile.
"You are as silly as your father" I said to myself.

I looked at him, I smile when I look at him, he is my son, he looks like me but with some additives from his mother, like this nose, why should he take her nose, I always smile, my wife understands that when I smile after looking at him and sometimes she gets angry on me as I once told her, "he got your nose."

Anyways

I kept looking at him, I am proud of him.
"Baba, why are we here?"
"What do you mean son"
He remained silent for a moment, took a deep breath and asked:"what are we doing in our lives."

I hugged him, and kissed him, sometimes he resisted me, but this time he totally surrendered to me.
I got a paper and told him, "Let’s paint"
We started painting randomly. Green, blue, red, white, and black.
After we finished.
"Son, what is the purpose of painting together"
"I don’t know"
"Son, Not everything in this life has a clear answer, but we enjoy it."
"Like painting random colors?"
"Like painting random colors." I replied. "Let's have something to eat and then a piece of chocolate"
"Yeah" he replied after kissing me.

He watched some cartoon while having dinner, I sat beside him. After dinner his mother took him to sleep.
After he slept, she came asking me:"what was wrong with him?"
"Nothing, your son is a seven year kid who was asking about the real meaning of life!"
"WOW" she replied. I hugged her.
"Let’s take a drink on the roof" I suggested. She waved her head.

The moon was full and the weather was very cold.
She rested her head on my chest, and asked me, "Why are you very silent"
I kissed her head and asked her: "my love, why are we here?"
"Was that his question" she asked
"Yes"
She smiled “how poor I am to have both of you."
I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');