Monday, November 19

Chat With a Donkey

So I wake up, I don't know why!
As fast as I can,I reached my cellphone, it is 4:40 am!!
I checked my email (as I do daily). 
I tried to sleep again but I was very awake !
It is a new day in my life isn't it?
I am not that excited at all.


After bathroom daily! it reached 5:30 am. 
Time consumed from understanding that I won't sleep again and entering bathroom.
A 50 minutes just flee away!!

So I opened the lights in my room, started reading in the bible,
Jesus entering Jerusalem on a lucky donkey, I smiled thinking about the donkey's feelings seeing how important he is, ppl are putting their clothes in front of him.. 
They are waiting for him.(that's what he thought)

I tried hard to let this donkey understand that they are not honoring him, they are honoring the man on his back, 

But no matter I tried he refused to understand, 
I left the donkey alone, smiling on how much I am seeing him happy. 
I went to the kitchen, boiling water to drink something hot, 
Mmm what should I drink, I made a green tea with Mint. One of my favorite morning drinks, 
While drinking I sat down and start daydreaming. 
I woke up at like 6:30
Another hour flees from my life..
I played some Richard clayderman music, 

And after sometime I prayed for a while, it is 7:30 I must have breakfast and dress myself to not be late for work..
I ate fast, wear fast, started to go down at 8:15.
My work starts 8:30.

I reached work on time, just thought while driving what did I really do in the 4 hours. 
This is 1/6 of a day.
I just ate drunk read prayed + bathroom !!!

I reached work, I was fine, although I needed a nap!
I opened my PC after greeting everyone,
I must finish this drawing today, and I have a church meeting at six so I can't stay late! 
I tried to focus, almost didn't talk that day, 
Only during lunch time, we talked about the elections.

I started to hate all of that "election talking"

I drank my noon hot chocolate, 

Said "ezayak" to someone on Skype, and he replied "I am fine ezayak enta" so I replied " fine thank God"

I finished at 5:15,....
I went down fast, 
In the car I opened the radio, the English songs channel!!
I prefer it.
I didn't reach the meeting on time. 
I reached late 15 minutes.
It was a time consuming meeting..
We finished at 9:00

We gathered as friends. 
Talked some nonsense stuff, 
They told me about the presidential debate. 
I don't care! We went to eat some sandwiches. Then it is 11:00 pm. Time to say my good byes..
Drove my car, empty minded, driving in the auto pilot mode.
Thinking about nothing..
I love driving in cairo after 11:00 pm
It is thrilling:-) left right left right left right, peeping twice thrice and four times here. 
as I parked under my home 
I opened the door!!
And thought for a second, what did I do today! 

The weather was beautiful refreshing . 
The night with a full moon. 
I stood for few moments looking at it.
Entered home like 11:45 pm. 

Hi mum hi dad, night mum night dad.

Wash my teeth. 

Tried to take some quiet time. 

I read in Luke 19 again 
The same chapter I read this morning, which I talked to the donkey in it.
The next few verses after it.
"Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation. (Luke 19:41-44 NKJV)"

Jesus was weeping!
While I was talking with the donkey.

And whom he was weeping on,
(The lord was weeping that Jerusalem never knew that he was there for her, )
it was me who never knew what is he doing for my peace, " especially in this your day, " 
What ? What happened in my day lord?

Was he there for me today?
I consumed my day!!
Hours after hours after hours flee away,
What did I do today, for him!!
From 4:40 till 1:00 am 
What did I do?

I met it again (the donkey) he was more happy than this morning, 
"why are you more happy" 
" did you know whom was on my back today"
"who ?" I asked with a smile.
"the lord God himself, who created me and my food, heaven and earth"
He continued talking: "this is the best day in my life!!"
He said it with tears in his eyes.
The donkey probably understood more than me!! What Jesus did!!

The bored me hugged the happy donkey and closed the light and we went to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');