Monday, October 22

Seek Peace

They are married for 30 years now, he is a doctor, and she graduated from medicine school as well, but after giving birth to her first child, she stayed at home.

He shows all respect to her and love and admiration, but she always seemed to be angry, not happy not satisfied.



This always made me question, why? Why isnt she thankful, why isn't she happy? What else she wanted, she is still beautiful a although she passed her fifties, he is a very handsome successful man. And her three kids are awesome. She had 2 daughters and one boy, the boy looks exactly as his father!

I had an opportunity to pass with them one day, when I sat with the father, I asked him this very fast question, "are you ok?" he smiled and then he looked at me another time, he understood why am I asking, I felt a little that I may hurt him. But he seemed excited that I am asking, "son, peace is the most valued virtue, keep it with any price." " when I showed that I don't really understand, he asked me: "Son, what is the most ultimate thing/virtue/idea that you will fight to keep."

I probably asked myself this question many times before, but this time I felt that I am going to enter to a deeper level of understanding.. He continued talking: "Anything you really want it, you will pay for it, you just question to which level you are ready to pay for it."

This made me really question myself. But what was shocking to me, that this time I didn't answer, I just kept the question. I walked around that day, and I got a chance to sit with the woman, she was loud with a mask on her face, her attitude lacked totally for genuinity, I told her: " I really like the doctor, she smiled, "he is awesome, I am lucky to be his wife."

I stood silent for a moment, looking at deep feelings, it is so complicated that only starring at this human complexity is amazing, it is like starring at a complicated building, the complexity has a taste. It is complicated that you don't really understand what she really meant. Yet it is a percentage between sincere and fake. Yet his sincerity for keeping peace is amazing. That you can feel it around.

"Who is the man who desires life, And loves many days, that he may see good?... Seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous." (Psalm 34:12, 14, 15 NKJV)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');