Wednesday, April 23

For His Name's Sake


You always think about your friends in a certain way.
You categorize them:
1.     Who is the best?
2.     Who is the nearest?
3.     Who is a friend whom you don’t like?
4.     Whom you really care for?
5.     And whom you just want to see occasionally!
BUT only in a crisis you really understand who is the nearest to your heart and who is really your friend.


I had an accident 10 days ago.
It amazed me that when I had a problem that the first person who popped on my mind was a friend whom I did not consider my best friend!


I called Mina Maher, and he (as usual) did everything to help!
even after the accident, He was making sure if i needed anything or wanted a drive to anywhere.

I kept thinking about this situation.
He is really the nearest to my heart; but I did not notice that before, while whom I considered to be the nearest, I did not think of calling him!


Only 4 people I felt that I really wanted to contact them just after the accident.
My father, my brother, Mina Maher, and a friend whom I did not meet since 2011!


Yesterday night, I kept thinking, why I did not call another friend whom is living few miles away from where i had the accident! The answer astonished me, I did not want him to see me in my weakness, I cared about how I looked in front of him.
That is another point, a good friend is someone whom you are not shy of your wounds and whom you are not shy from him.


As for the friend whom I did not meet sine 2011, I understood after this accident that he is not meeting my expectations as a friend! He is not there, he is not even a friend.


Isn’t that awkward how we sometimes imagine something that it is not real.
We love illusions and we pay lots of money to go to the circus to watch someone whom we know that he is cheating us. (getting the rabbit from the hat is a trick and we all know that, don’t we? )


This friend doesn't even care about me.
if i had died probably he wouldn't know!
yet i considered him as a friend.


In the past few weeks, i feel as if I am having a new light in my life which is exposing the filth which I am keeping and hiding. The goodness of God just removed the covering blanket to expose rotten smell and death.


I wrote this like 30 days ago as a status on whatsapp : "whom you have a wondrous name... you ordered goodness and mercy to follow me.. you restored my soul for the sake of your name.. also you prepared a dining table (for joy and fulfillment) in the presence of those who aims to hurt me. "


I thank God for the truth in my life, for the light which exposed the hidden filth.
I thank God for the light which differentiated the good real friend from the imaginary fake ones.
I thank God for his goodness.
I thank God most, that he is not doing anything to me for my sake, but for the sake of His Wondrous Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');