Sunday, January 12

4 Point of Views - One Story

The story as heard from Martha’s side.
“It was a warm day, and I knew that Jesus is going to pass time in our house. He is a friend of my brother Lazarus. People call him “Master”.

I prepared food for him and his disciples, as we are known by our generosity.

He once did a miracle with my sister Mary; she was acting very weird as if she was demon possessed! When she met Jesus for the first time; he calmed her heart and healed her; later we knew that she was really possessed!

I was working very hard trying to please him, I am thankful as well for what he did for my sister.

He came and while I was doing all my hard jobs, cleaning the dishes and offering water and bread to the guests, Mary just sat under Jesus feet and was listening to him. She prevented working with me.

I went to him and asked him politely, “Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.”

But he stood on my sister’s side and embarrassed me in front of the people.”


The story as heard from Jesus.

“ I was passing by a village where I knew that my friend Lazarus is there. He insisted that I may pass the day with him, and he told me that his sisters – Mary and Martha – prepared food for us.
I went with him and both Mary and Martha greeted me. Poor Mary! She suffered from sin and demons before. When we sat; she simply sat gratefully lovingly under my feet. She is hungry to the teachings; her heart is so sincere and beautiful.
Martha is a lovely person, she assumed what I may like and she started serving us (me and my disciples) full heartedly.
She looked to me blaming me politely and said, “Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.”

I felt sad for her. She was so tired. I felt Mary’s embracement. She wanted to go up and start helping with Martha, Poor lovely Mary, she is so hungry for the word of truth.
I looked at Mary encouraging her to not worry, and replied Martha “ Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things; There is need of only one or but a few things.” And I looked back to Mary and continued, “Mary has chosen the good portion [that which is to her advantage], which shall not be taken away from her.”
Mary had this grateful tear, and went to help Martha with something and returned back to hear me.
  
The story as heard from Mary’s side.

“Lazarus my brother told me that his friend Jesus is coming to visit us, my heart was so joyful, Martha started worrying about how clean the house will be and what to serve them. I wanted the time to just pass so I can pass time with him. He accepted me when I was confused and he comforted me!
I doubt that he really cared about what would be served to him.
When he came, I didn’t see anyone but him, after he sat down surrounded by all the men, I penetrated them unconsciously and sat under him. His heart is beautiful, and his presence is enough to my heart, he captivated me with the power of the word from his mouth. I totally lost myself while hearing him, I did not notice anything happening around me, he is the heaven, and he is my healer, he is the one who accepted me when no one accepted me. I was so lost in these thoughts as well as what he was teaching, when my sister came to Jesus and asked him whether he doesn’t care!
I got confused and I realized that I was the only woman sitting there around Jesus; I totally forgot that I am in my home and I should serve with Martha, his words captivated me. I moved fast with an apologizing eye to my sister and with shyness and timidity. When Jesus looked encouragingly at me with his penetrating eyes as if ordering me to not move from where I was. In addition to that, he didn’t blame me. He encouraged me by saying that I chose the right thing by sitting under his feet and listening to him.
Oh, as usual, he sees the best in me. He never judged me and he comforted my heart again, I wanted nothing but sitting under his feet. I love this master. I see God’s mercy in him. He is really THE SON of God.


The story as heard from disciple’s side.

"We were walking with Jesus when Lazarus insisted that we must pass by his house. Jesus accepted his invitation happily, we all knew how the master loves Lazarus, who is a lovely sincere man. He once got his sister to Jesus who looked exhausted as dead. And Jesus healed her.

When we entered home, the energetic lively generous sister Martha kept serving us; while Mary sat under his feet. She seemed more interested in what Jesus is saying more than any other one. Jesus liked that in Mary.

We felt that Martha is feeling jealous from Mary and she tried to let Mary help with her. Women jealousy!

But Jesus encouraged Martha to worry less and work less and hear more.

Doing nothing in his presence is amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');