Tuesday, December 24

Meeting Myself

I knew I cannot skip this meeting anymore, it was going to happen eventually, and it was my life's nightmare.
I knew however I tried, I cannot prevent it.
I entered the meeting room.
"Hello” I said and then I nodded my head approving that I am there.
I am sitting in the meeting room, with no one but myself.

I talked and started the meeting.
Knowing why I tried to prevent it.

I am not happy with myself, and we are not having peace in living together. 
A big fight happened, and we agreed that we must had a meeting.

I (we) had a coffee, and I (we) talked.

Sometimes I can do anything in this world rather than exploring myself and questioning myself what I am doing. As if, I am living a perfect life, as if I am faultless.
I do not like to discover defects in myself, no one wants to be judged, and we all seek self-righteousness. We tend to help people to be better by advising them. Although I intentionally prevent myself from my great advice which I insist on giving it to others.

Rumi said, "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself “

Jesus said in the book of Mark, “Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye but do not notice or consider the beam [of timber] that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, Brother, allow me to take out the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the beam that is in your own eye? You actor (pretender, hypocrite)! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.”

“Changing myself is what is important, and how can I change myself without really sitting with myself?” I questioned "If not on daily bases, so at least every other day."

"Do you mean pray more?" I asked myself.
I replied, "No, I mean passing time with myself."

Mawlana Jalal Eldein el Rumi is a “Sufi” poet, who understands the paradox of loving ourselves and loving others.
He was an enlighten man whose writings affected the entire world.

He had famous quotes, full of wisdom, “There is nothing outside of yourself, Look within, and everything you want is there- you are that”


Rumi also said, "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

It is deleting the barriers, which I should work on. It is sinking inside my soul to meet my creator.

We learn about what is right and what is wrong -in our eastern culture. Rather than exploring ourselves, rather than exploring the beauty of others. Our target on dealing with others turned into discovering the defects in them.

Many parents think that their role in life is to only to guide their kids and giving them continuous instructions, you should do that and you should not do that and that. Instead of loving them and encourage them to love themselves and love others humbly.

Our souls trapped, unexplored. Covered with pain and groves.
Judgment and condemnation, and full of sorrows and regrets. With guilt and shame, which we transfer it into rudeness, indifference and unforgiveness.

Many pain makes you imagine that you can just ignore and continue your life. However, this will never happen, unless we sit with ourselves, receive forgiveness from God and learn to forgive ourselves.

Mmm, I am not writing this to anyone to read it.
This is for me!
This is the minutes of meeting with myself, which summarized by;

“Sit with myself, look inwardly to discover the spirit of God inside me. 
Clear all barriers blocking my love.”




"When will you begin that long journey into yourself"  Rumi

Picture from website: http://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/beautiful-rumi-quotes-that-will-motivate-you-to-be-a-bett
It has more quotes for Rumi.

For more quotes this site: http://esotericquotes.com/rumi/
http://theway2fullconsciousness.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/100-quotes-by-rumi-to-live-by/

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');