Friday, December 7

Upgrade, Update!

This is what you read daily about UPDATING:

  • "an update is available for your software, do you want to update"
  • "New available updates (in windows)"
  • "the entirely new FORD designed for you, change your old car with the 2013 models." (update)
  • "the biggest thing happened to iphone since iphone" (update)
  • "inspired by nature for you, the new Samsung galaxy S-III" (update)


Why are we really running after updating and upgrading?? it is over whelming!!



Today i was doing my 30,000 kilometers car service, i have a nice small Hatchback car, a 2010 model, today i looked at the new 2 door hatchback 2013 model :-) and what jumped immediately to my mind is how about UPGRADE!



Also, i owned iphone 2G, 3G, 4G. (i didn't get the 3s or the 4s as according to me it was only about increasing the speed of the processor) and the iphone 5 is now out in the market, i discovered that i literally NEED to get it!!



i discovered that i am trapped in this UPGRADE loop!!

Paul said:"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. (I Corinthians 6:12)



i am under the power of upgrading!



I started thinking and this is what i realized in my personal experience.

"this is ruining my life!, as i am usually thinking about upgrading, so where-ever i reach or whatever I own; i immediately start thinking of upgrading, and the more I purchase, the more I am worried about the upgrades for all the stuff I own. "



this inspired me to ask myself another question, when will I downgrade?! When was the last time I downgraded anything? Do i dare to downgrade?



I love jail-breaking iPhones, and anyone in this field will agree with me in this: upgrading the software is as easy as a click on your mouse, but to downgrading is a very hard process. the sentence which is written in the blogs and forums for the "jail-breakers" is this: "apple will not allow you to downgrade your device, as it only assigns the NEWEST OS (operating system)."



Downgrading is hard, and to be honest, you must be very serious to do downgrade in your life!!



The bible tells us about how it is a serious problem submitting to this DESIRE of UPGRADING!



"And he (a rich man) thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will (UPGRADE BY DOING THIS) pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods...... But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’ (Luke 12:17, 18, 20 NKJV)



"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. (I John 2:15-17 NKJV)"



What a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

function excerpt_read_more_link($output) { global $post; return $output . ' Read More...'; } add_filter('the_excerpt', 'excerpt_read_more_link');